Chandigarh: Describing the first year of his government as a phase of restructuring the systems and taking policy initiatives, Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Tuesday informed the Vidhan Sabha about the various new policies launched since April 2017.
Replying to the debate on the motion of thanks to the Governor’s address in the Punjab Vidhan Sabha, the Chief Minister said his government had finalized and declared several new policies and programmes during the year to bring the state back on the path of growth, and to usher in greater transparency and dynamism across sectors.
Among the policies were:
· State’s Industrial Policy;
· State’s Tourism Policy;
· State’s Advertisement Policy;
· State’s Culture Policy;
· State’s Policy for Housing and Urban Development;
· State’s Excise Policy;
· State’s Tax Policy – GST;
· State’s Transport Policy;
· Mahatma Gandhi Sarbat Vikas Yojna;
· Agriculture Debt Relief Scheme;
· Ghar Ghar Rozgar; and
· Guardians of Governance.
The Chief Minister said his government was also sincerely working on State’s Agriculture Policy, for which he solicited the suggestions of all members of the House.