Chandigarh: The third meeting of the Cabinet Sub Committee of group of ministers today held at Punjab Bhawan under the chairmanship of Brahm Mohindra , Minister for Health and Family Welfare to finalize the draft policy of un-authorized colonies. The Group of Minister unanimously approved the draft policy. It will now going to be presented before the Punjab Cabinet for final approval. The Committee in principal decided that after 2018, no un- authorized colony in Punjab will be regularized at any cost. Other members of this committee who took part in deliberation were Navjot Singh Sidhu, Minister Local Government and Tourism & Culture affairs. Manpreet Singh Badal, Finance Minister, Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa, Minister for Rural Development & Panchayts and Charanjit Singh Channi, Technical Education Minister, Punjab.
Disclosing this Brahm Mohindra, Chairman of the Cabinet Sub Committee said that the salient features of the draft policy that has been finalized by the Group of Minister are;
- Unauthorized colonies developed upto April 1, 2018 shall be regularized.
- Policy shall be open for a period of 12 months from the date of notification.
- The colonizers who could not apply under previous policies shall apply under this policy for regularization of their colonies.
- The regularization charges earlier paid under the pervious policies if any shall be adjusted under this policy.
- Liberal charges are fixed for regularization of colonies.
- Amount of charges received from the regularization of a particular colony shall be used for providing basic infrastructure to that particular colony only.
- The payment of charges shall be in installments within a period of one year.
- The committees of officers shall be constituted to regularize the colonies and plots within as well as outside of Municipal Limits. Each committee will scrutinize the cases within the time limit of 3 months.
- The Resident’s Welfare Associations (RWA) shall be formed for each unauthorized colony by its residents and the RWA can also submit application for regularization of the colony to the concerned authority.
- The stringent action will be taken against the colonizer of a colony which comes after April 1, 2018.